Voluntary workers make a significant contribution to the St Patrick’s school community by giving their time and sharing their God-given skills, talents and expertise with others.
The interests and abilities of volunteers add significantly to the human resources available to our school, thus providing a wider range of interactions, opportunities and experiences for students.
Helping out at school is a great way to get involved in your child’s education and to get to know the school staff and other parents.
Research shows that children benefit when their parents are actively involved in their children’s education and school life.
Keep an eye on the school newsletter for opportunities to help out at school, and let your child’s teacher know if you are interested in helping in the classroom.
All volunteers must be registered with the school as volunteer workers. If you are not already registered and you would like to obtain clearance, you are required to:
- Read the Volunteer Induction Handbook, which you may request from the school office or download from the link provided.
- Complete the following forms which you will find within the Volunteer Induction Handbook and return them to the school office.
- Registration form
- Volunteer policy declaration
- Code of Conduct declaration
- Statutory screening selection tool
- Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (and/or)
- Working with Children Check declaration
Please note that it may take up to five business days for a WWCC verification or renewal to be processed during peak periods. This means that people are not able to volunteer until the school has notified you that you have obtained clearance to do so.
When a volunteer reports to the school for duty, they must:
- Collect a volunteers’ badge from the school foyer and to wear it whilst on the school property.
- Sign in and sign out at the Compass kiosk at the school office. These records are maintained for the purpose of compliance with occupational health and safety legislation and child protection legislation.
Here are some ways in which you can help:
- Reading activities
- Sports days
- Fundraising activities
- Parents and Friends Association
Our school’s policy on volunteers can be found by clicking here.